First day blogging...

Well, hello there guys!
Not many days left before I'm winging it down to Torino (28 days to the opening ceremony on the 10th February...yikes!) so I thought I'd set up a blog so as ye can follow my progress over the next few weeks.
The clock is 0927 and the sun is rising over the far horizon on a rather bleak landscape seen from a skiers point of view...the last two days of rain and mild weather has washed away all the snow in Lillestrom. Though training last night higher up in Homenkollen the snow was still enough if a bit icy. Was training with Heming IL, the 19-20 year olds...Alll pretty fit and elastic unlike me. The trainer Arne, who's over 60 but fit as a fiddle, says I need to loosen up a bit. Have a bit of a stiff back so need to see Thorleif again soon, the chiropractor friend, who'll realign me! So we were ski skating yesterday, sprinting and going at max 3 pace. Plenty up hill. There was quite a crowd of skiers three so it was a bit frantic trying to avoid each other, new beginners, energetic 8 year olds, ski shooters with the rifle slung on their back , very fit and agile skiers and me! Yes, I did manage to crash into a poor girl from Heming after just avoiding two juniors that appeared out of nowhere!
So now, some weight training in the gym and running intervals tonight. A race north of Oslo tomorrow so have to get to bed early for the drive up in the morning. Hopefully Betsy my trusty Volvo Amazon will make it all the way. Been making some noises at her back end recently. Vruum vruum!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home