Rory at the Winter Olympics, Torino 2006

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Going national!


For those in Ireland, RTE will have a special program on the Winter Olympics on Friday the 10th of February, 7.30 pm

See the following link:
http://www.rte.ie/sport/obsport/video20060120.html

Also the team is now pretty much official with the addition of David Connolly competing in Skeleton, brave fellow he is too!
http://www.rte.ie/sport/2006/0126/winterolympics.html

So that makes four of us in total. Getting bigger by the day and the women's bobsleigh might make it yet.

As you can see it's possible to ski with a kilt on, even without snow!!

2 Comments:

  • Hi Ya Rory
    Have a good flight to Italy and hope you get your altitude training in in time for the coming event. Looking forward to seeing you out there leading the pack in your glittering shamrock snow flakes OR Kilt if you so desire. I will be wearing mine even with the chill Ireland ABU
    Sean

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:28 PM  

  • Rory
    Mary D here, all the Cork clan wishing you well. wow ! I know an olympian.. so cool. I will pass on the link to Richie, Gerry and Helen and we will keep and eye on you and raise a glass of apple jack [recently upgraded to cider !!]

    By the way I think I know which one you are in the family pic..

    All the very best, we are proud to know you.
    Mary D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home